At Emerson Exchange, 2014, I hosted a Meet the Expert Session on Expanding the Use of DeltaV Advanced Control. The panelists in this session were:
- Willy Wojsznis , Emerson Process Management
- Louis Heavner , Emerson Process Management
- Terry Blevins – Principal Technologist, Emerson Process Management
- Terry Chmelyk , Spartan Controls
- Christopher McNabb – Senior Engineering Advisor, Weyerhaeuser Company
In this session, the panel members addressed how Predict/Predict Pro may be easily layered on a non-DeltaV DCS. This has been successfully done in numerous installations involving Provox, Foxboro, Honeywell , Bailey, Allen Bradley, and Rockwell. Also, DeltaV PredictPro and the DeltaV PID features were discussed that allow sampled analyzers and WirelessHART measurements to be used in closed loop control. In this session we explored the product features and techniques that enable this expanded capability. In addition, installations examples were used by the panel to spark questions and audience participation. I have created a YouTube video by combining an audio recording with the slides used in the presentation. If you are interested in how to expand the use of DeltaV Advanced Control then I would encourage you to view this YouTube video using the window below.